Test Facilities at Ordnance Factories
1. Test Facility
The details of test facilities which can be made available to private entities for testing of materials/components/assemblies/equipment, along with details of concerned Nodal Officers are as per the list (Annexure-A).
2. General Terms & Conditions to avail the Test Facilities:
- The private entity interested in availing the testing facilities of OFs will have to apply as per the proforma (Annexure-B).
- Private entity shall submit the end use certificate and non-disclosure declaration along with the Test Facility request.
- The items meant for defence applications will only be tested.
- The estimated time required for testing will be communicated by the factory in case the available test facilities are capable of meeting the technical requirement.
- The test(s) will be carried out as per standard procedures by Ordnance Factories personnel only.
- The test services to private entities will be made available, only in case of spare capacity, over and above the internal needs.
- Transportation of job (including loading / unloading) from / to Ordnance Factory’s testing premises is the responsibility of the private entity.
- Checking of the job will be done by security staff before moving the job to/from Ordnance Factory's premises.
- Testing charges will be communicated by the Factory in case the available test facilities are capable of meeting the technical requirement.
- The private entity will submit the sample for testing along with the Demand Draft for testing charges, drawn in favour of GM of the respective factory.
- Ordnance Factories will not be responsible for loss/damage to the equipment/instrument while carrying out the test(s).
- If any damage occurs to equipment/property/personnel resulting from the testing of the job of private entity, the private entity should bear the expenses in repair/replacement of the facility. All necessary insurance coverage for the job shall be the responsibility of the private entity.