Ordnance Factory Itarsi
Man of the month
Right to Information
LOCATION & RAIL-AIR CONNECTION OF THE FACTORY
- The factory is situated in the Tribal Area of Kesala Block of M.P.It is located in Itarsi Distt.Hoshangabad about 17 Kms. away from Itarsi Railway Station.
- It is also close to a perennial source of water(Tawa Dam) and strategically protected in the south by a mountain ranges and Narmada & Tapti rivers.
- In additional,The Central Proof Establishment of DGQA is located with in 20 KMS of the factory site which under taken proof of some of the products of factory.
- The state highway now converted to National High way connecting Bhopal and Nagpur, is situated with in 9 KM of factory and is linked with approach road.
- The Air Port is situated at Bairagarh,Bhopal about 120 KM from factory.Military Hospital is also at Bairagarh, Bhopal.
- The tourist spots of Panchmari,Patalkot,Sanchi,Vidisha add colour to the spectrum
The climatic condition is typical of Central India.The factory and Estate is in the midst of forest of Teak and Salwood Trees.The following meteorotogical data are revant.
Height above mean sea level : 350
Temperature (Minimum) : 3 Deg.
Temperature (Miximum) : 47.5 Deg.
Rainfall : Average 1200 mm.
Relative Humidity : 15 % to 97 %
This website belongs to Ordnance Factory Board, Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
policy of Ordnance Factory Board.