Quality in Ordnance Factories
The quality of defence ammunition, equipments and systems with our Armed forces have a direct impact on national defence. Quality is a continuous process involving all stakeholders at various stages from raw material to manufacturing of final product and also after sales services.
The ultimate aim is to developing OFB as a brand with full customer satisfaction related to quality.
“We are dedicated to meet customer's requirement, strive to achieve zero defects through continuous process improvements, to ensure healthy & safe work environment and minimize environmental pollution”.
Consistent with the quality policy, Ordnance Factory Board shall continuously strive towards achieving the following:
- Establish and maintain a Quality Management System as per International Standard ISO 9001 (Latest version)& strive to achieve integrated Management System certification covering environmental and OHSMS in addition to Quality Management System.
- Involvement of all personnel in achieving the objective and need based training of personnel.
- Promote indigenization activity of imported stores.
- Monitor, Control and improve the Quality of incoming materials, processes and products to ensure their specified quality and safety at all stages of life cycle of the product.
- Continually improve processes through technology up-gradation to achieve optimal utilization of resources like machine, manpower, materials etc.
- Establish and maintain customer focus throughout the organization with the ultimate aim of achieving satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Emphasis on in-house R&D to innovate new products.
- Provide in-time after sale services to the full satisfaction of customer.
- Strive to supply the products qualifying as per international acceptance practices at par with reputed foreign suppliers for similar range of products.
- Achieve demonstrable consistency of product quality and move towards self-certification.
Milestones towards achieving the above goals shall be set by the concerned operating divisions keeping in view the technological capability of the factory and quality function requirement.